Monday, September 25, 2006

so liza, aren't you coming out to the bar?

sometimes the wind catches me off balance and i land into you with the loudest of bangs. here we are. on the floor with a pile of unanswered correspondences. they crinkle under our bodies as we scurry away from each other, scared of what the mess will do to our carefully crafted egos. your feet get left behind and my ears droop down until they trip me up and i land on my ass again. the dogs are out tonight, dear. they howl like untrained opera singers and they gnaw at the edges of my toes until the blood spills out like it always wanted to do. they know the taste of your flesh and they are looking they are looking they are looking. but you have always been good at hiding behind me. letting me get all of the attention while you sneak out safetly through the back. you know, there was a time when all i could do was say your name. now i am hung up in the garden with my lips sewn shut. a scarecrow for the lost souls we never gave names to.

No comments: