Thursday, September 21, 2006

if i were a rch man...daidaidaidaidaidaidaidaidai dum


This is an ode to hairy legs and to sweat-stains. An hommage to those girls that will never be able to contain their genes enough to be perfect. A recognition of all who deal with uni-brows and mustaches, big feet and rounded bellies. In other words, it is for every one. Every girl who has felt like less of a girl because when she airbrushes herself it doesn't stay. For anyone who has tried to cover-up their sweat-glands and put cover-up over their dark under-eyes. Us imperfects who are everywhere but nowhere in our mock-ups. Why is the idea of "feminine" always a negation of humanness. Girls should never smell, always shave, never admit to having a digestive system except to embarassingly admit to liking chocolate. I'm no ball-breaker but I'm kind of sick of having to question my femininity. Aren't a female if my genetics and my psychology agree? Why am I a dyke or a man-hater or more masculine for cutting my hair and not shaving? How is that a logical argument? I still have a vagina, right? SO what is a woman? What is feminine? And why the fuck do we expect ourselves to follow along with such arbitrary definitions if it's not what our character tells us is right?

No comments: