Thursday, September 14, 2006

it's 10:40 and I'm going to sleep


this is the corner of my room...and it makes me even sleepier then i already am. really...i'm sleepy. i put photos all around my room today (although not in this corner). pictures of my sisters and my nephews and my parents. there are ones of when we were all little and our mother and father still looked each other in the eye. the corners of the photos are rounded. we each look like a different species from what we are today. i'd like to find what's left of them in us..we doe-eyed children and wide-smiling parents. there has to be something left. i am slanted today. bending towards the ground with unbending knees. walking downhill was all but catastrophic. i wish i could figure out what story is mine to tell...

No comments: