Thursday, October 02, 2008

perhaps the solution

I'm in a bit of a pickle (that I've complained about to most of my friends) with regards to underwear. This is just one of the reasons why I'm almost terrified to purchase new lingerie. It's relatively easy to find sweat-free/organic clothes. At the very least you can buy second hand and not feel like you're contributing TOO much to the decline of our world. Underwear, however, is not quite as easy. Panties are a little easier to track down but bras are almost impossible. Especially underwire bras. If it's not made my children in Cambodia, it's made by prisoners. If they're made fairly, then they're made by a company that has it's own questionable morals (that article, by the way, is over three years old). In an attempt to branch out and buy something I felt comfortable putting my money behind, I went here. I do really like what I got, but was dismayed when I realized that it had been made in China. I've come to the conclusion that you simply cannot buy "intimates" and keep a clean conscious. Instead I'm trying some other options:


undies


bras

If you get any other good ideas, please let me know.

1 comment:

Tikvah said...

You are a writer. But know that.

Yes, similar dilemmas here. I guess I just stopped buying underthings? Except for this one time in Japan I wandered into a very pro-female looking lingerie shop, managed to get myself measured in Japanese, and wandered back out with my only pair of matching bra and underwear, and far less money in my bank account. I guess I figured if I couldn't properly read the labels, I could pretend everything was peachy. But T-shirt underpants, here I come!