Sunday, April 06, 2008

strange

I had the craziest bout of illness yesterday. I think I slept for 24 hours over the course of something like 30. And even though i was feeling pretty awful, there's something kind of nice about literally not being able to do anything- having to rest. Being forced to watch a movie. There aren't too many times when you can guiltlessly do things like that. Plus, this morning, I feel about 85% better! And that's pretty cool. I wandered around Haight Street which is something I generally try to avoid but today seemed to be in the cards. I searched for bowler hats but none were the one I wanted. i went into the Anarchist bookstore and saw some interesting books (mostly by dead Russian and French men). I sneaked into Amoeba and bought FOUR CDS!!!! Wow. Very exciting. When i came back home I tried to finish a painting but I'm not entirely motivated by it. I ended up just covering up a whole bunch of stuff with blue-black. I don't really like acrylics that much I don't think. The only thing I really did was accidentally put my comforter in my painting palette...which is either OK or really sucks. I don't know which one yet. On a point of absolute positivity: I have a pirate pillow case! It was hiding amid the packaging that my sheets came in. It was a total surprise but it looks real nice. It has a pirate flag on one side and a treasure map on the other. Yes! I am sometimes torn with regards to this blog of mine. Sometimes I want to delete it. Sometimes I want to be as superficial as I can possibly be. Sometimes I want to write something pretty or somewhat poetic. Can't ever really decide. I think what comes out is a strange kind of schizophrenic diary. I think I'll leave now. Eat DanDan's cookies and maybe grab some lunch.

No comments: