Tuesday, April 22, 2008

50% off meals



I feel a little like my stomach is floundering. Or something just beyond my stomach. In between the organ and the flesh. Some fluttering muscle that makes my whole body confused. Don't want to do much. Just draw and drink coffee despite the fact that I'm still a little on the sick side. Almost 11:00am.

Dear Dr. X,
I knew you like the ocean but, honestly, how many times must you cross it? The office, the street, the city, is lonely without your juggling amongst us. It's hard to get any work done without your little head peeking out above the files on Allison's desk hurling insults at me. Etc. etc. etc.

My horoscope today:
You have plenty of serious things to think about now, but this probably will not stop you from wanting to join in the fun. Even if you are tempted to play the role of the heavy, it really won't be to your benefit. Instead do whatever strategizing you must before letting go of your responsibilities to partake in the pleasures of the day.

hmm...bummer...I was kind of hoping to shirk off the rest of the day. But I guess the stars know what's what...right? The problem with being a capricorn is that all we do is work and all of our horoscopes are about working. Where's my drug binge? My sexual escapades? My stint as a traveling gypsy? Nope, not for me. It's all work work work. Money money money. Rise to the top of this. Lay low tonight you've got work tomorrow. Whatever stars- stick to your own solar systems. Although...rereading that, perhaps it's giving me the day off. As long as I get everything in order first. Do you think that means working instead of writing in my blog?

I'm working on a new zine. I'll put photos up as soon as it's done. This time around I'm doing things a little differently. I'm still taking old things that I've done but I'm taking more time with it- allowing myself to draw straight on the page instead of cutting and pasting old projects. I think I like it. A good combination of working with the old and the new.

What's in my ears (even if it's not actually playing)

No comments: