Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Santa Fe

My nephew is gorgeous. And perfect. And for some reason his parents can't seem to keep his hair combed and so he's growing a nice set of dreadlocks in the back of his hair. That's not entirely true...but he does seem to have a certain Rastafari look to him when he wakes up in the morning. He can say a variety of vowels which, when combined in certain ways, resemble words and he knows where not only his toes, elbows, nose, fingers, bellybutton reside(s,) he can also point out the same body parts on you. Very exciting stuff.

Santa Fe is lovely. Cold. There's snow on the ground (or as Lucas says "no" because he has not learned the magic sound of 's' yet). I've forgotten how dry it is up here at 7,000 ft and the first day I arrived I had a severe case of altitude sickness. The plan for the next two weeks is to hang out with the small, get a massage :), go to the Film Fest, and try to keep up appearances so I can at least try to look as stylish as my sister (the woman who has worn high heels since the first day she was able to convince our mother to buy her a pair; hiking, running, pregnant, the woman knows no bounds).

Today we will shop for yarn and underpinnings, maybe go to the film library, maybe go to the park. The world is simply full of possibilities.

1 comment:

A Panda said...

I need pictures of both your nephew and your sister.